For more than 70 years, ESPE Manufacturing has been a reliable provider of high-quality electrical insulators, washers, gaskets, and fabricated plastic parts for your system components. We also have decades of proven knowledge and expertise in non-metallic materials fabrication and conversion. In addition, our company has one of the most extensive inventories of electrical insulation in the Midwest.
From stamping washers to laser cutting complex insulators and parts, ESPE Manufacturing’s 30,000 sq. ft. plant can accommodate all of your needs and requirements!
Custom Fabrication Services for Non-Metals From ESPE
At ESPE Manufacturing, we provide various machining and fabrication services and employ different methods to ensure that your parts are constructed to precise tolerances and meet your requirements. Our services include the following:
ESPE Manufacturing is a dependable source of fabricated plastic parts. We manufacture components to our customers’ standards and utilize cost-effective and efficient techniques.
Our state-of-the-art facility is also equipped with cutting-edge laser cutters for precision-cutting intricate portions and high-speed hydraulic presses for die cutting. Furthermore, we cater to projects that require highly detailed prototypes and commercial production of items like washers, arc chutes, and other products.
We offer expertise in fabricating electrical insulation and protective components from ITW Formex, Nomex, fishpaper, and vulcanized fiber. Moreover, ESPE Manufacturing provides the insulating polymers listed below for use in the fabrication of plastic parts:
- Rag/Mylar and Rag/Mylar/Rag
- Nylon MDS
- Aramid paper
- Polystyrene UHMW
ESPE Manufacturing continues to set the standard for high-quality industrial laser cutting services for non-metals. We use cutting-edge techniques and equipment that adhere to our stringent quality standards. In particular, we utilize dual-axis cutting heads to obtain maximum precision on even the most intricate and detailed cuts. We also work with parts as large as 50 in. long and 50 in. wide, with thicknesses generally ranging from 0.003 in. to 0.75 in.
Our laser cutting services are highly effective, accurate, and cost-effective, benefitting many industries, including electronics, medical devices, military and aerospace, food and beverage processing, and agriculture.
ESPE Manufacturing is a leader in producing stamped parts made from electrical insulation and barrier materials. We also forge components from non-metals, such as specialized composites, aramid papers, and other materials. In addition, we use various stamping methods, including compound die, progressive die, and punch press operations for our products — whether in small quantities or bulk production. Finally, we have thousands of washer die sets in stock that can help our customers save money by eliminating the need to build custom tooling.
Our stamping expertise allows us to work on the continuous strip and coil stock ranging in thickness from 0.005 in. to 0.25 in. Moreover, we have a large stamping unit with up to 40-ton presses for constructing small parts of any geometric structure. Using our tried-and-tested processes, we also maintain precise fabrication tolerances depending on the specifications.
ESPE Manufacturing offers the following production methods for our stamping services:
- Compound die
- Continuous strip
- Hot stamping
- Open tooled
- Progressive die
- Punch press
Die cutting is frequently the most cost-effective method for manufacturing high-quality electrical components, rubber products, and labels. At ESPE Manufacturing, we offer custom die cutting services for various applications in several industries — such as medical, automotive, aerospace, electronics, and military.
We also cut any shape of plastic and non-metal materials with thicknesses ranging from 0.003 in. to 0.062 in and employ a variety of electronic file formats to ensure extreme accuracy in our cutting tools. Our high-performance 60-ton hydraulic flatbed, punch, and steel rule die-cutting presses can handle any manufacturing capacity without compromising performance or quality.
ESPE Manufacturing offers precision shearing and slitting services, including razor, score, shear slitting, baloney cutting, crush cutting, and others. We can regulate blade sharpness, cutting pressures, roll tension, cutting speed, and other factors using computer controls to accomplish and keep quality cuts within very tight specified tolerances. We also process material up to 0.093 in. thick and provide rolls with diameters up to 36 in.
The combination of strength and durability has increased the use of nylon for commercial and industrial purposes. Manufacturers now use it to create machined parts that are more durable and long-lasting than available alternatives. As an added benefit, nylon’s thermal and chemical resistance and dielectric properties make it suitable for numerous industrial applications.
At ESPE Manufacturing, we deliver nylon machined components for washers, wear parts, seals, and gaskets.
Teflon® is a versatile material composed of highly specialized plastic with unique chemical and mechanical properties. Aside from non-stick kitchen cookware, it is now being used in many industrial applications due to its ability to resist corrosion and withstand extreme temperatures.
ESPE Manufacturing can fabricate the following parts using Teflon® machining:
- Shoulder washers
- Electrical insulators
Custom Parts for Electrical Insulation and Barrier Materials
ESPE Manufacturing supports the following production volumes to meet our customers’ requirements:
During the prototyping phase, a few parts are manufactured for testing, resulting in cost savings by assessing issues or product defects before full production.
Low-volume production usually includes trial runs from 50 to 100,000 parts and components. It also provides several benefits, including shorter lead times, reduced costs, and design flexibility.
High-volume production pertains to the rapid mass production of parts, usually with quantities ranging from more than 100,000 to millions. It also has several advantages, such as lower unit costs, quicker turnaround times, and economies of scale as volume increases.
ESPE Manufacturing Industry Standards and Certifications
Certifications recognize a manufacturer’s commitment to continuous improvement and quality. They demonstrate that customers and key stakeholders are dealing with a company that has met the industry’s highest standards.
The dedication of ESPE Manufacturing to producing high-quality electrical insulation and non-metallic products using the best methods has paved the way for achieving the following standards and certifications:
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Compliant: The ANSI is a private, non-profit organization that oversees and coordinates the voluntary regulations and conformity assessment system in the United States.
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) Compliant: The ASTM is a globally recognized organization responsible for developing and implementing voluntary consensus standards to ensure product quality, make products safer, develop international standardization, and facilitate trade.
- CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Certification: The CSA certification demonstrates that a product has been rigorously tested to applicable standards. These include guidelines authored or administered by the ANSI, CSA, NSF International, Underwriters Laboratories, and other North American and global institutions.
- CE Marked: CE marking is required for many products to ensure that the manufacturer has validated that the items’ quality meets EU safety, health, or environmental standards.
- ISO 9001:2008 (International Organization for Standardization) Compliant: This recognition specifies the requirements for a quality management system in which manufacturers must prove that they can consistently provide products that meet customer needs and adhere to relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Compliant: This policy restricts using hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment to protect public health and the environment.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals) Certified: This standard requires the registration of chemical substances manufactured or transported into the EU in quantities exceeding one metric ton per year.
- Dodd-Frank Certified: This policy imposes restrictions on the financial industry and established programs to prevent mortgage companies and lenders from exploiting consumers. It also includes additional mechanisms for the government to regulate and enforce laws against banks and other financial institutions.
Partner With ESPE Manufacturing for Your Fabrication Needs
ESPE Manufacturing provides exceptional fabrication services and parts tailored to your specifications while utilizing the most efficient and cost-effective processes! In addition, our team is always ready to offer comments and suggestions on your product development initiatives and relevant information on the various material options available.